I was pleasantly surprised with how these Savory Sesame Zucchini Noodles came out. My concern was that the squash was going to be too soggy/not have enough texture to resemble pad Thai noodles, but I got the perfect cooking times together, and I must say- this right here is the bomb.com. It literally took less than 5 minutes to prepare, and was simple, light, and flavorful. I used this spiralizer to get the noodles from the zucchini.
Zucchini is a type of summer squash that can typically be found in the store all year long. Its peak months are from June to late August. It is an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin B12, and manganese. Zucchini also provides vitamin A, potassium, phosphorous, and folate. We love freezing zucchini and adding it to smoothies, and also like to throw it into stews and salads. To spiralize your noodles, wash the zucchini, remove the ends, and spiral away.
Chop the ends off each zucchini, and spiralize into a bowl. Set aside. In a large pan, heat the sesame seed oil, and add the onions, garlic, and ginger. Sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add spiralized zucchini and soy sauce to the pan, and cook for 4 minutes on high heat, without the lid, stirring occasionally. Add the kale to the pan, mix in, and cook for another 2 minutes. Enjoy with your favorite protein, and finish off with toasted sesame seeds and red pepper flakes!
I love all the flavor in this recipe and it is an excellent spin on a classic dish! The zucchini adds an excellent crunch, and having them spiralized is a great way to get in more vegetables. Do you like using zucchini noodles? How about any other type of veggie noodles? Let us know in the comments below!
Savory Sesame Zucchini Noodles
- 4 medium-sized yellow zucchinis
- 3 tablespoons of sesame seed oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1″ fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce/tamari
- 3 cups of kale, finely chopped
- Optional: Toasted sesame seeds
- Chop the ends off each zucchini, and spiralize into a bowl. Set aside
- In a large pan, heat the sesame seed oil, and add the onions, garlic, and ginger. Sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes
- Add spiralized zucchini and soy sauce to the pan, and cook for 4 minutes on high heat, without the lid, stirring occasionally
- Add the kale to the pan, mix in, and cook for another 2 minutes
- Optional: Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds & red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
- Pair with your favorite protein! (tofu, shrimp, chicken, fish, eggs)
Food Heaven Made Easy https://foodheavenmadeeasy.com/