Do you suffer from constipation? Diarrhea? Extreme gas and bloating or any other combination of chronic GI issues?
Then you’ll want to tune in for this podcast episode. Today we’re talking ALL about gut health with doctor Mahmoud Ghannoum, the man who coined the “mycobiome”.
Dr. Ghannoum has studied fungus for over forty years, and is widely considered the leading expert on medically important fungus. He lectures at many institutions, including the National Institute of Health, on the microbiome and his breakthrough research in the probiotic space.
He even created his own line of probiotics called BIOHM.
During his career, Dr. Ghannoum has published several books and over 350 peer-reviewed scientific papers on fungus. His work has been cited almost 18,000 times by other scientists. Dr. Ghannoum has also conducted many preclinical studies behind some of the largest anti-fungal drugs in the world and continues to guide some of the largest global pharmaceutical companies as they develop drugs related to treating fungal disease.
In this episode we cover:
- Why the gut microbiome is so important and vital to health
- Some of the most common myths and misconceptions about gut health
- How antibiotics used to treat disease may be doing more harm than good
- The top foods you should be eating to optimize your gastrointestinal tract
- Other habits that can negatively impact gut health and what you can do to change them
- Why Dr. Ghannoum thinks more men should take up yoga
- Dr. Ghannoum’s take on probiotics and whether or not you should be taking them
- 3 practical tips you can start doing TODAY to improve the health of your gut
How to submit a question: It’s easy! Simply record your question on the voice memo of your phone and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll try our best to answer your question on an upcoming episode (and we’ll be sure to email you when we feature your question).
Can you do us a huge favor? If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
How to subscribe:
Connect with us online:
Our podcast is released every Wednesday. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition to pick their brains on how to cultivate a healthy life that you love. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!