Have you tried our Vegan Tzatziki yet? If not, get to it! We have a Greek-inspired salad bowl to make.
This bowl is inspired by my Vegan Tzatziki and both my Sweet Potato Chickpea Buddha Bowl and Chickpea Quinoa Buddha Bowl.
I wanted to create a Greek- and Mediterranean-Inspired bowl, and this version did the trick. Plus, it’s easy, requiring just 10 ingredients and 30 minutes to make!
The base is my 6-Ingredient Tabbouleh salad, fresh vegetables, and a healthy serving of tzatziki.
Then comes a generous helping of my crispy baked chickpeas, which are seasoned to perfection with my DIY Shawarma Spice Blend! The result is smoky, subtly spiced chickpeas that are perfect for topping this gorgeous, nutrient-rich bowl.
At this point, choose your sauce. I think lemon juice and tzatziki are plenty sauce! But if you’re like me, you may want to add some Hummus, Tahini Sauce, Tahini Dressing, or Garlic Dill Sauce. Sauce queen for life.
I hope you all LOVE this bowl! It’s:
Quick + Easy
& Super delicious
This would make the perfect meal to pack along for work or enjoy for dinner when you’re craving something fresh yet satisfying. It’s delicious on its own, but it would also pair well with my Traditional Vegan Falafel, Golden Goddess Turmeric Hummus, Garlic Herb Flatbread or Vegan Naan, or Greek Guacamole!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
Greek Goddess Bowl (30 Minutes!)
30-minute, 10-ingredient Greek- and Mediterranean-inspired bowl with vegetables, tabbouleh, vegan tzatziki, and crispy baked chickpeas! A healthy, satisfying entrée or snack.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Entrée
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Greek-Inspired
- 1 15-ounce (425 g) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and dried well on a towel
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) oil (coconut or avocado are best // omit if avoiding oil)
- 1 Tbsp (5 g) Shawarma Spice Blend (or similar spices you have on hand)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup or coconut sugar (if avoiding sugar, omit)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup (180 g) Vegan Tzatziki
- 1 batch Red Pepper Hemp Tabbouleh (or sub chopped parsley)
- 1/2 cup (64 g) green or kalamata olives, pitted and halved/chopped
- 1/2 cup (150 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber (300 g), thinly sliced
- optional: 1 carrot (61 g), sliced thinly on a diagonal into “chips”
FOR SERVING optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and set out a baking sheet.
- Add washed, dried chickpeas to a mixing bowl along with oil, Shawarma Spice Blend, maple syrup, and salt. Toss to combine.
- Add seasoned chickpeas to the baking sheet. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the chickpeas are slightly crispy and golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Assemble bowl by dividing tzatziki, tabbouleh (or parsley), olives, tomatoes, cucumber, and carrots (optional) between two serving bowls. Top with cooked chickpeas and garnish with fresh lemon juice.
- This bowl is delicious as it, but it would also pair well with my 4-ingredient Garlic Dill Sauce or my Tahini Dressing!
- Best when fresh, but you can store leftovers (separately) up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Store leftover chickpeas separate in a sealed container at room temperature up to 3 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 2 servings and is calculated with the oil and without additional garnishes/sides (i.e. bread, dill sauce) .
Serving size: 1/2 of recipe Calories: 519 Fat: 34.5 g Saturated fat: 20.7 g Carbohydrates: 49.8 g Sugar: 19.4 g Sodium: 609 mg Fiber: 13.3 g Protein: 12 g