Today we’re talking about ethical fashion with Katie Pruett! Katie turned her love for people, storytelling, and fashion into Ethical Style Journal–a print and digital magazine for conscious fashion. The magazine was born from the idea that shopping sustainably should be fun and accessible. As founder and editor-in-chief, Katie works tirelessly alongside the ESJ team to bring each issue to life. It is her hope that Ethical Style Journal will help shape fashion culture into one that is as much about awareness, action, and accountability as style; and inspire much-needed change in the way we participate in fashion. Today, she will speak to us about the importance of sustainable fashion and how to be an environmentally conscious consumer!
In this episode, we’ll talk about:
- How Katie got involved in ethical fashion in the first place
- Her process for creating her gorgeous magazine, Ethical Style Journal
- How sustainable clothing can be accessible to all, especially those who can’t afford a $96 t-shirt
- Why Katie chose to feature people of color within the sustainable fashion space
- The biggest misconception people have about sustainable fashion
- Katie’s personal approach to clothing/style PLUS her favorite ethical brands and go-to fabrics
- Tips for someone who wants to be more sustainable with fashion but doesn’t know where to start and doesn’t have a huge budget
- & MORE!
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!