It’s snack time!
Try these 1-bowl, 10-minute snack bites made with all of my favorite ingredients! Think tahini, coconut butter, cacao nibs, almonds, and dates. Serious yum. Let’s do this!
The dense, little snack bites are inspired by Lee from America’s Coconut Fat Balls, which I tried recently and really enjoyed.
I have since been modifying the recipe and came up with an inspired version of my own, which incorporates almond flour for firmer texture, tahini for nuttiness, and protein powder for a bit more staying power. The result is amazing – the perfect snack or healthier dessert I’ve been craving recently.
Mmm, just look at all that nutritious goodness happening in 1 bowl!
Once blended into a thick nutter-butter-like “dough,” it’s time for scooping! These bites form easily into rounds and are fairly forgiving to work with. No need to roll into balls, just make loose cookie/bite shapes and you’re good to go.
Then just a quick chill in the fridge or freezer and it’s snack time!
I hope you all LOVE these bites! They’re:
& Super delicious
These would make the perfect snack or healthier dessert when you’re looking for something refined-sugar-free. Enjoy in the afternoon with some Golden Milk or a Matcha Latte or in the evening with a Turmeric Tonic.
For more healthier desserts, check out my 5-Ingredient Vegan Gluten-Free Cookies, Chocolate Tahini Bombs, and Vegan White Chocolate Truffles!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Coconut Cacao Tahini Bites
Delicious, 9-ingredient snack bites with coconut, tahini, cacao, and plenty of satisfying add-ins! High in healthy fats and protein!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Snack, Dessert
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 1 1/2 cups (120 g) shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups (168 g) almond flour or meal (or sub seed meal, such as sunflower or hemp)
- 2 Tbsp (14 g) flaxseed meal
- 3 Tbsp (24 g) hemp seeds
- optional: 2 Tbsp (~10 g) vegan (plain, vanilla, or chocolate) protein powder*
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup (80-120 g) tahini
- 4-5 Tbsp (60-75 g) coconut butter
- 1/4 cup (20 g) cacao nibs
- Healthy pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 pitted dates (14-21 g // omit to reduce sugar, add more for sweeter balls*!)
- To a food processor, add all ingredients and blend until a thick paste/ball forms (see photo) ~5 minutes. Scrape down sides as needed.
- If mixture is too thick, add more coconut butter or tahini. If mixture is too thin, add more almond flour or shredded coconut. It should be thick and scoopable.
- Scoop out 2-Tbsp amounts (I like this cookie scoop) and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. You should have about 20 bites.
- Set in freezer or refrigerator to firm up. Once firm to the touch, they’re ready to enjoy. For best results, store in the freezer up to 1 month or refrigerator up to 1 week. If storing in the freezer, let thaw 5-10 minutes before enjoying for best texture.
*These bites aren’t overly sweet, so if you’re looking for a sweeter snack bites, add more dates (up to 6-8).
*Nutrition is a rough estimate for 1 of 20 bites calculated with protein powder, 1/3 cup tahini, 1/4 cup coconut butter, and 2 dates.
*Recipe adapted from the lovely Lee From America.
Serving size: 1 bite (of 20) Calories: 153 Fat: 11.8 g Saturated fat: 6.7 g Carbohydrates: 8.2 g Sugar: 2.5 g Sodium: 30 mg Fiber: 4.3 g Protein: 4 g