In this episode, we interview national nutrition expert Rebecca Scritchfiled on the topic of body kindness. Rebecca is a registered dietitian nutritionist, certified exercise physiologist, author of the book Body Kindness, and host of the Body Kindness podcast. Through her weight-inclusive counseling practice, she helps people make peace with food, find the joy in exercise, and create a better life with workable goals that fit individual interests.
- Why Rebecca shifted her focus as a dietitian towards body kindness and acceptance
- How Rebecca recommends addressing privilege with clients
- Whether or not Rebecca thinks it’s helpful to lead with health (specifically related to clients living with chronic conditions) when talking about intuitive eating
- For people who want to practice healthier eating habits and have no idea where to start, she’ll discuss a practical framework for nutrition education that includes body kindness & intuitive eating
- Why we need to stop using BMI as an indicator of health status
- What the research has to say about dieting & having a weight-focused approach to health
- 3 things you can do right now to kick things off with body kindness
This podcast is sponsored by Camille Rose Naturals:
We are so excited to announce our partnership with Camille Rose Naturals for the Food Heaven podcast! Target Stores just added 10 more Camille Rose Naturals products to their nationwide lineup! To celebrate this mega achievement, instead of a traditional launch party Camille Rose Naturals is organizing a Selfiethon Event February 24th – 25th, 2018 and we’d love for you to participate.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Register as a participant and take a selfie in the aisle at Target holding any Camille Rose Naturals product
- Post it to your Instagram February 24th or 25th with these hashtags: #camillerosebestself, #selfieintheaisle and #promo.
- Tag @camillerosenaturals and @target in your post.
How to submit a question:It’s easy! Simply record your question on the voice memo of your phone and email it to us at email@example.com. We’ll try our best to answer your question on an upcoming episode (and we’ll be sure to email you when we feature your question).Can you do us a huge favor?If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Connect with us online:
Our podcast is released every Wednesday. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition to pick their brains on how to cultivate a healthy life that you love. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!