1.We are now down to less than a month until the royal wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
2. I also got my “Royal Wedding Official Commemorative Tankard” in the mail. It is gorgeous even though it’s quite tiny. Those darn dainty English.
3. FINALLY, a look at the Crazy Rich Asians movie!!! Full trailer drops Monday, but Henry Golding (who plays Nick) is so dreamy. MY HEART.
4. If, like me, you do not have cable or a package that includes Killing Eve, then you can buy the season from iTunes. I was in a panic when I could not access the second episode online, but I happily paid $13.99 when I finally found it there. Phew. That second episode was just as fantastic as the first, and both Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer are SO GOOD.
I am now embarking on my 13th year of Sandra Oh hair envy.
5. Thank you to McKenzie and Julie who both shared the Grub Street article on “The Last Conversation You’ll Ever Need to Have About Eating Right.” So much HELL YES to the detox part. If you want to eat super healthy for a few days to reset your mental mindset and feel better, then do it. But you do not need to detox your body. You already have organs that do that. There is so much detoxing and cleansing in this state that I do not know how the sewers keep up! Also, leaky guts. All of us are dying from leaking gut. Every problem you have is a LEAKY GUT. Oy.
6. “Beyoncé and the End of Respectability Politics.”
Beyoncé is a musical and creative genius and I will not entertain other opinions.
7. “The difference between a snafu, a shitshow, and a clusterfuck.” In a week that turned out to be clusterf*ck city, this article was the highlight.
8. “Always On My Mind” performed by Willie Nelson is one of my favorite songs, but I am loving this version by Ane Brun.
9. My feet and legs get tired very quickly when I’m cooking or doing dishes. I spent a while looking for some more comfortable floor mats, and finally purchased these a few months ago in grey. They are not the most stylish, but they have made such a huge difference to all of us when we are standing in the kitchen.
The best part is that after cooking (I make a hell of a mess), I can just spray them down and easily wipe them off to clean them.
10. Tracy and I got tickets to the My Favorite Murder live show in Sacramento this fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited that I will probably cry when it starts. We did not spring for VIP because we felt like we might be too awkward and neither of us needs more of that in our lives.
I am also waiting for I’ll Be Gone in the Dark from the library and there are about 147 people in front of me. I do not know how much longer I can wait!!!
11. I have not gone to Orange Theory this week because of my blister misery. I can barely walk, so I did not think that putting on a real shoe and running around would be helpful. I am hoping to make it happen this weekend because my mood has certainly suffered from lack of physical activity. And thank you to everyone for the blister care advice on Instagram! I have never had a blister of this depth and misery, much less two. We (my blisters and me) are on the mend!
12.I don’t know how this was not on my radar at all, but my local PBS station sent me an email telling me that Jamestown was available through my Passport subscription, and HOLY COW YES PLEASE. I watched the first episode last night and I loved it.
13. I have a lot of thoughts about the Fresno professor’s comments on Barbara Bush. For one, she has a right to make those statements on her personal social media just as much as you have a right to be angry. She is not speaking as a representative of Fresno state, and they will have a hell of a hard time firing her for exercising her First Amendment rights. On the other hand, her idea that she cannot be fired because she has tenure is foolish. She likely will not be fired for this because Fresno will get the pants sued off them, but I have seen many a tenured faculty member ushered right out the door.
Personally, I think it is in poor judgment and tacky as hell to insult someone who has just passed, but you cannot fire someone for being tacky (unfortunately). I loathe Trump and desperately do not want him as the President, but I would not take joy in his death or the death of any of his wives. He’s still a person and at least Ivanka loves him.
14. “Stormy Daniels Plans To Donate $130,000 To Planned Parenthood In Trump’s Name.” Bless you, Stormy.