1. “Letters: ‘The Deck Is Heavily Stacked Against Low-Income Students.’” I cannot say this enough, THE RICH PEOPLE ARE STEALING YOUR OPPORTUNITIES and scamming the system to their advantage. Stop blaming and demonizing students from underrepresented populations.
2. I don’t need waffle bowls, but I NEED WAFFLE BOWLS.
3. “The Relentlessness of Modern Parenting.” This sounds AWFUL. I am not a parent, so it is easy for me to judge from childless high horse, but a lot of this seems like people making life way harder on themselves. I am so thankful that my parents only pressured me to do my best instead of being the best (which I am never going to be anywhere near the best at anything ever anywhere).
In just two years, the numbers have increased six-fold (and they are doing well on the test)!
5. Someone at work left a card on my desk this week and inside it said, “Thank you for being so nice and helpful during my first few months here.”
Naturally, I called to make sure that note was left in the correct office, but I’ve officially fooled one person!
7. I am SO EXCITED for the Downton Abbey movie! My life is definitely missing a sense of decorum and genteelness as of late (WHEN IS SEASON 3 OF THE CROWN HAPPENING).
8. I referred to a male colleague as a “bit of a dandy” the other day (AS A COMPLIMENT – he is always spectacularly dressed) and half the people in the room had never heard that word used in that way!!
WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS WORLD!