1. I’m at Leaky Con!!!!!!!!!!!
2. A mansplaining decision tree!!
3. QEII’s mortal enemy is a Scottish pony!! This story made my week. The idea that she said “Here we go again” when encountering said menace is hysterical. That pony is trying to topple the monarchy!
4. This Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Chicken Casserole looks freaking delicious.
5. “What It Takes to Be a Trial Lawyer If You’re Not a Man.” Lordy that is a bummer of a read. I have two female friends who are trial lawyers and the stories they have told are deeply depressing. I do not think that I would have what it takes to persevere through the shit they deal with.
6. “Which Discrimination Counts? University of Iowa says it’s trying to assure equal opportunity by not letting registered groups bar gay students from leadership roles. But a Christian group with legal backing says it should have just that right.” It is infuriating to me that discrimination against the LGBT community is not only legal in huge swaths of the country, but is now being doubled down on by this administration. YOUR MORALS SUCK.
7. “Drinking from Straws to Own the Libs.”
THEY ARE REALLY GETTING US GOOD.
8. One of my favorite people to follow, Dr. Jen Gunter, published a new piece last week: “Worshiping the False Idols of Wellness.” As many of you have rightfully noted, a lot of women turn to “wellness” because they do not feel heard and understood by their physicians which is a huge issue. Do the things that make you feel good, but stop spending all of your hard earned money on snake oil nonsense!
9. “How to Spend Your Privilege.”
10. To end on a positive note, here is a video about a wonderful employee on our campus, Wang Cheng. In 1993 he was supposed to graduate with his master’s degree in engineering, but missed his ceremony due to a catastrophic stroke. He was finally honored last week with his degree. He greets people entering our student union and no one can walk past him without smiling because his joy is impossible to ignore.