1. “It’s Been A Year Since One Of Larry Nassar’s Victims Took Her “Shot In The Dark”
This is a good article about how numerous institutions failed more than 100 young women.
2. I’m bummed to read that Paul Bettany had to back out of talks to play Prince Philip in season three of The Crown. I think he has the perfect mix of charm and scorn for the role, so this is disappointing news. Prince Philip is never funnier than when he’s making snarky comments about Princess Margaret.
Here are all of the season three details that we know now.
3. There is now a Harry Potter cruise all for the very affordable price of $34,000! You can invite up to eight people. Gather ye galleons!
4. Murphy Brown is coming back to TV! TV heroine Murphy Brown who don’t need no man to have an awesome career and baby! I loved that show SO MUCH!
5. I purchased the new Whole30 Fast & Easy cookbook and I am excited to try a recipe or two this weekend!
6. Are you watching The Alienist?? I AM. I love a good old timey murder in the Gilded Age. Here’s an article about how The New York Times covered NYC in the 1890s.
I am still struggling to watch certain shows with Amazon Fire TV apps (I AM STILL WAITING ON THE CORONATION, SMITHSONIAN CHANNEL), but it appears that you will be able to watch all of the episodes on tntdrama.com. I’ve done this with some of their other shows and it’s worked so far.
7. I recently became aware of the sexual misconduct allegations surrounding Gary Oldman and yikes on that. In the midst of the conversations surrounding him, another completely unimportant issue is finally coming to light. It is something that has been a bone of contention with me for YEARS. Gary Oldman was TOO DAMN OLD to play Sirius Black and Sirius was supposed to be a hottie. He was 53 when he played a late 30 something Sirius.
I still think that Colin Farrell would have been perfect. He can look haunted AND mega hot.
Just needs a little perm and some teasing.
8. “How to Survive the Apocalypse.” I just wouldn’t. There is no way. The minute I’m out of eye drops I AM DONE.
9. I watched The Shape of Water this week and didn’t really care for it. Maybe I’m missing a metaphor or larger point, but I don’t really understand the hype. The fingers almost made me vomit multiple times and I have issues with what happened in the shower and again later. Finally, we will never forget you Pandora.
10. Tiffany Haddish on Drunk History is what I was in desperate need of this week. TAKIN’ NOTES TAKIN’ NOTES. I love her so much. She is a pure ray a light and joy in these dark times.